Wednesday, 3 December 2008

First! ...'sleep'

So...I've set up my very first blog and ...well, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do...
It is currently half six in the morning and I am trying to re-adjust my body clock. Since being at uni, I've got into a pattern of early morning bedtimes and late afternoon rises. However, as you can imagine, life cannot always accommodate such sleeping schedules.
For example, I was out last night, and got into bed at about 5am and today (well, technically yesterday...) I find myself waking at 4pm, that's pretty much over half the usual day gone. Not good. Also with my usual 2/3am sleep time and 8/9am rises, I always end up feeling tired. This makes it pretty much impossible to survive lectures, those warm dark lecture halls with the droning voice puts me out straight away... So here I am, trying to rectify my situation. I figured I'd just stay awake all tonight and then just wait until the next bedtime, in 17 hours time...!yay! x( I doubt I'll be able to stay awake until 11pm tomorrow/today (man that's confusing...the next day starts after a sleep, but there is no sleep!)
I was trying to do some anatomy revision...but course of that went as thus:
  • Open anatomy book and go over 3 pages
  • Open hotmail
  • Browse play.com after getting promo email about cheap DVDs
  • Note some down for possible christmas pressies
  • Wonder what the hell I'm doing up at 6.20am
  • Remember friend talking about polyphasic sleeping
  • Google it
  • Reads and ponders whether it is plausible...
  • Read some logs of people who have tried it
  • Likes the idea of keeping a log of how it goes
  • Decides to have a look into blogs
  • ...and now here I am.
Once again Internet: I hate you so much for providing endless procrastination and aimless activities... I mean, am I really going to start this blogging malark or just waste this good half hour of my life with something that noone will probably ever read...damnit...right, back to 'Laryngotomy and Tracheotomy'...

No comments: